1. Which of the following is true of the V-model?
a) It states that modules are tested against user requirements.
b) It specifies the test techniques to be used.
c) It only models the testing phase.
d) It includes the verification of designs.
2. Which one of the following describes the major benefit of verification early in the life cycle?
a) It allows the identification of changes in user requirements.
b) It reduces defect multiplication.
c) It facilitates timely set up of the test environment.
d) It allows testers to become involved early in the project.
3. Which of the following is the main purpose of the integration strategy for integration testing in the small?
a) To specify which modules to combine when, and how many at
b) To ensure that the system interfaces to other systems and networks
c) To ensure that all of the small modules are tested adequatelyonce
d) To specify how the software should be divided into modules
4. What is NOT included in typical costs for an inspection process?
a) Setting up forms and databases
b) Analyzing metrics and improving processes
c) Time spent on the document outside the meeting
d) Writing the documents to be inspected
5. Which statement about expected outcomes is FALSE?
a) Expected outcomes are defined by the software’s behavior
b) Expected outcomes may include timing constraints such as response
c) Expected outcomes should be predicted before a test is run
d) Expected outcomes are derived from a specification, not from the
6. Which of the following is NOT included in the Test Plan document of the Test Documentation Standard?
a) What is not to be tested
b) Schedules and deadlines
c) Quality plans
d) Test environment properties
7. Test ware(test cases, test dataset)
a) Is needed only until the software is released into production or use
b) Should be newly constructed for each new version of the software
c) Needs configuration management just like requirements, design and
d) Does not need to be documented and commented, as it does not form
part of the released software system
8. What is the main reason for testing software before releasing it?
a) To decide when the software is of sufficient quality to release
b) To show that system will work after release
c) To find as many bugs as possible before release
d) To give information for a risk based decision about release
9. The later in the development life cycle a fault is discovered, the more expensive it is to fix. Why?
a) The documentation is poor, so it takes longer to find out what the
software is doing.
b) The fault has been built into more documentation,code,tests, etc.
c) Wages are rising
d) None of the above
10. When reporting faults found to developers, testers should be:
a) As polite, constructive and helpful as possible
b) Diplomatic, sensitive to the way they may react to criticism
c) Firm about insisting that a bug is not a “feature” if it should be fixed
d) All of the above
11. Impact Analysis helps to decide:
a) How much regression testing should be done
b) How many more test cases need to written
c) Exit Criteria
d) Different Tools to perform Regression Testing
12. Which of the following is not phase of the Fundamental Test Process?
a) Test Planning and Control
b) Requirement Analysis
c) Test implementation and Execution
d) Evaluating Exit criteria and reporting
13. Which of the following techniques is NOT a black box technique?
a) State transition testing
b) LCSAJ (Linear Code Sequence and Jump)
c) Syntax testing
d) Boundary value analysis
14. Repeated Testing of an already tested program, after modification, to discover any defects introduced or uncovered as a result of the changes in the software being tested or in another related or unrelated software component:
a) Negative Testing
b) Confirmation Testing
c) Regression Testing
15. The Kick Off phase of a formal review includes the following:
a) Explaining the objective
b) Follow up
c) Fixing defects found typically done by author
d) Individual Meeting preparations
16. Which of the following uses Impact Analysis most?
a) Component testing
b) User acceptance testing
c) Non-functional system testing
d) Maintenance testing
17. Statement Coverage will not check for the following.
a) Dead Code
b) Unused Branches
c) Missing Statements
d) Unused Statement
18. Evaluating testability of the requirements and system are a part of which phase
a) Test Analysis and Design
b) Test Planning and control
c) Test Implementation and execution
d) Evaluating exit criteria and reporting
19. Code Coverage is used as a measure of what?
b) Trends analysis
c) Test Effectiveness
d) Time Spent Testing
20. A deviation from the specified or expected behavior that is visible to end-users is called:
a) An error
b) A failure
c) A fault
d) A defect