1. Regression testing should be performed:
v) Every week
w) After the software has changed
x) As often as possible
y) When the environment has changed
z) When the project manager says
a) v & w are true, x, y & z are false
b) w, x & y are true, v & z are false
c) w & y are true, v, x & z are false
d) w is true, v, x, y & z are false
2. IEEE 829 test plan documentation standard contains all of the following except
a) Test items
b) Test deliverables
c) Test specifications
d) Test tasks
3. When should testing be stopped?
a) When all the planned tests have been run
b) When all faults have been fixed correctly
c) When time has run out
d) It depends on the risks for the system being tested
4. Which of the following statements is not true
a) Test environments should be as similar to production environments
b) The acceptance test does not necessarily include a regression test
c) Verification activities should not involve testers (reviews, inspections
d) Performance testing can be done during unit testing as well as during
the testing of whole system
5. In which order should tests be run?
a) The most important tests first
b) The order they are thought of
c) The easiest tests first(to give initial confidence)
d) The most difficult tests first(to allow maximum time for fixing)
6. When should you stop testing?
a) When time for testing has run out.
b) When the test completion criteria have been met
c) When all planned tests have been run
d) When no faults have been found by the tests run
7. Which of the following is true?
a) Component testing should be black box, system testing should be
b) The more tests you run, the more bugs you will find.
c) The fewer bugs you find,the better your testing was
d) If you find a lot of bugs in testing, you should not be very confident
about the quality of software
8. Which of the following is NOT a type of non-functional test?
9. Which of the following tools would you use to detect a memory leak?
a) State analysis
b) Coverage analysis
c) Memory analysis
d) Dynamic analysis
10. Which of the following statements are true?
a) Faults in program specifications are the most expensive to fix.
b) Faults in code are the most expensive to fix.
c) Faults in designs are the most expensive to fix.
d) Faults in requirements are the most expensive to fix
11. Enough testing has been performed when:
a) No more faults are found.
b) The required level of confidence has been achieved.
c) Time runs out.
d) The users won’t find any serious faults.
12. Which one of the following statements, about capture-replay tools, is NOT correct?
a) They are used to support multi-user testing.
b) They are used to capture and animate user requirements.
c) They capture aspects of user behavior.
d) They are the most frequently purchased types of CAST tool.
13. How would you estimate the amount of re-testing likely to be required?
a) Metrics from previous similar projects
b) Discussions with the development team
c) a & b
d) Time allocated for regression testing
14. Which of the following should NOT normally be an objective for a test?
a) To find faults in the software.
b) To assess whether the software is ready for release.
c) To prove that the software is correct.
d) To demonstrate that the software doesn’t work.
15. Which of the following is a form of functional testing?
a) Usability testing
b) Boundary value analysis
c) Performance testing
d) Security testing