1. A deviation from the specified or expected behavior that is visible to end-users is called:
a) an error
b) a fault
c) a failure
d) a defect
2. A configuration management system would NOT normally provide:
a) Linkage of customer requirements to version numbers.
b) The precise differences in versions of software component source code.
c) Facilities to compare test results with expected results.
d) Restricted access to the source code librar
3. Test cases are designed during:
a) Test recording.
b) Test configuration.
c) Test planning.
d) Test specification
4. Which of the following statements about reviews is true?
a) Reviews should be performed on specifications, code, and test plans
b) Reviews are the least effective way of testing code.
c) Reviews are unlikely to find faults in test plans.
d) Reviews cannot be performed on user requirements specifications.
5. In case of Large Systems
a) Only few tests should be run
b) Test Cases written by good test engineers should be executed
c) Only Good Test Cases should be executed
d) Testing should be on the basis of Risk
6. Which of the following will be the best definition for Testing :
a) Testing is executing Software for the purpose of finding defects
b) The purpose of testing is to demonstrate that the program is defect free c) The purpose of testing is to demonstrate that the program does what it is supposed to do
d) The goal / purpose of testing is to demonstrate that the program works.
7. Which of the following is not a type of incremental testing approach?
b) Top down
c) Bottom up
d) Functional incrimination
8. Test Conditions are derived from
a) Test Design
b) Test Cases
c) Test Data
9. Pick the best definition of quality
a) Quality is job one
b) Zero defects
c) Work as designed
d) Conformance to requirements
10. Fault Masking is
a) Creating a test case which does not reveal a fault
b) Error condition hiding another error condition
c) Masking a fault by developer
d) Masking a fault by a tester
11.Boundary value testing
a) Is the same as equivalence partitioning tests
b) Tests combinations of input circumstances
c) Test boundary conditions on, below and above the edges of input and output equivalence classes
d) Is used in white box testing strategy
12. One Key reason why developers have difficulty testing their own work is:
a) Lack of technical documentation
b) Lack of test tools on the market for developer’s
c) Lack of Objectivity
d) Lack of training
13. In a review meeting a moderator is a person who:
a) Takes minutes of the meeting
b) Takes telephone calls
c) Mediates between people
d) writes the documents to be reviewed
14. Acceptance test cases are based on what?
a) Decision table
15. How much testing is enough?
a) This question is easy to answer
b) This question is impossible to answer
c) The answer depends on the risk for your industry, contract and special requirements
d) This answer depends on the maturity of your developers
16. which of the following is the component test standard?
a) IEEE 610
b) IEEE 829
17. Which of the following is NOT a standard related to testing?
18. The standard that gives definitions of testing terms is:
a) ISO/IEC 12207
b) BS 7925-1
c) ANSI/IEEE 729
d) ANSI/IEEE 829
19. Which of the following is NOT true of incidents?
a) Incidents are raised when expected and actual results differ.
b) Incidents may be raised against user requirements.
c) Incidents require investigation and/or correction.
d) Incident resolution is the responsibility of the author of the software under test.
20. Which of the following is false?
a) In a system two different failures may have different severities.
b) A fault need not affect the reliability of a system.
c) A system is necessarily more reliable after debugging for the removal of a fault.
d) Undetected errors may lead to faults and eventually to incorrect behavior.